Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas-y Gift Card Holders

The area that I live in is seriously iced-in.  Seriously.  School was cancelled, roads are not drivable, we have been staying in our jammies way too long.  It's been great!  I know other people that just detest this sort of situation.  Not this girl.  I love my home and I love the people that I share my home with.  Even the Hunky Husband was't able to go to work.  So it's just been us.  Together.  Drinking hot cocoa  and watching Christmas movies while we eat s'mores.  BLISS!!!  I got Christmas gifts wrapped, Christmas cards addressed, and made some cards for a friend.  Super fun.  I'd love to make some cookies but my butter is taking for-ev-er (name that movie!) to soften.  So, that'll happen later rather than sooner.  :)  The only thing that I'm slightly frustrated about during this situation is that I probably should have bought two gallons of milk instead of just one.  Hey, ya win some and lose some, right?  

Anyway, here are the gift card cards that I made.  The first one, I like to call "Santa Pants".  Cute, right?  


I used a 12x12 sheet of Stampin' Up! Real Red card stock.  I cut a strip 3.5" wide and then scored on the long side at 3.5" and 7.5" (now that I'm typing, I'm not so confident of those measurements. Just score when it feels good!).  On the inside flap, I used my Word Window punch to make the slot for the gift card.  You have to double punch it because the punch is just short of being long enough to hold a gift card.  I stamped the sentiments from the Chock Full of Cheer stamp set by Stampin' Up! in Momento's Tuxedo Black ink.  There was an inking situation with the "To/From" stamp.  Thank goodness for tiny punches (I used my tiny heart punch in Old Olive card stock) to make mistakes even cuter.  Amen.  

I used my two-way glue pen to tack down the sides and top of the inside flap.  Now, for the super cute front!  I cut a 3/4" strip of Basic Black card stock from my scrap pile and then folded it around the card.  You just kind of have to ease the paper.  You want it loose enough so you can slide the belt off easily but you want it snug enough so it doesn't fall right off.  I used my Curly Label punch to punch his belt buckle with my Silver Glimmer paper and used the Petite Curly Label punch to punch the top layer of his belt in Basic Black card stock.  I then used my Buttons Sizzix die to cut out the buttons on his jacket.  That die cuts four different buttons of varying sizes and shapes.  I used the smallest one.  And that's it.  Pretty easy!


This cutie pie is a little different because I am all out of 12x12 Whisper White card stock.  So, I used a piece of 8.5x11.  I cut a strip that is 3.5" wide and then scored at 2" and 6".  I faced the card with this year's Christmas DSP.  That pack is darling.  So stinking darling!  It comes in 12x12 sheets so I cut a 3" wide strip and then cut pieces that were 0.5" smaller than the length of the white.  On the inside flap, I used my two-way glue pen to tack down the sides.  Don't glue down the top, that's where the gift card will go.  I used my corner-rounder punch on the top flap and liner.  The interior sentiment comes from the Sassy Salutations stamp set and I stamped it in Momento's Cocoa Brown ink.  I love, love, love that set.  I think I might use it more than any other set I have.  Again, another inking mishap.  Are you sensing a trend?  So, I punched a heart out of Crumb Cake card stock and then covered it with the tiniest bit of Cherry Cobbler sickles.  So sweet.

The front.  Again, I used my Coffee Cozy Die and Stamp Set from Lil' Inker Designs.  I just really don't think you can go wrong with that set.  I used a mix of DSP and solid card stock but all of the pieces were stamped with Momento's Cocoa Brown ink.  The band going across the card is Chocolate Chip card stock that I used my scallop edge border punch on both long sides.  The sentiment is cut using the Itty Bitty Banners Framelits set and then embellished with two tiny rhinestones and one large rhinestone.  I then decided to freehand a design on the white banner.  It went horribly wrong.  So, I used my Jewelry Tag Punch on Old Olive Polka Dot Parade DSP to cover up my yucky mistake.  I have a coordinating set of stamps that works great with that punch (I can't, for the life of me, remember what the name of that set is!) so I used the "merry" stamp.

That should make for some happy gift giving!  Have a blessed day, everybody!   :)

Love,
Emmy    

2 comments:

  1. I can picture the movie but can't get the name out! Agh!! Don't tell me...I'll get it. Super cute cards, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, friend! Let me know if you think of the movie. ;)

    ReplyDelete